Friday, June 18, 2010

Sweet Potato Quinoa Melt


If it looks like I've been on a quinoa kick lately, maybe I have! But even when I'm not kicking, mild, tender-crunchy, fast-cooking, high-protein quinoa is one of my favorite grains.

Learning that quinoa pairs well with cheese opened up a lot of possibilities for me. I love cheese and I'm not afraid of buying full fat dairy. It's got "whole" right in the name, and I do so swoon for foods in their natural state. When it comes to dairy and eggs, however, I am conscious of the environmental impact of those foods, and try to eat no more than one serving per day.

I don't have a real recipe for this, but I made it from red quinoa, sweet potato chunks, diced onion and cheddar cheese. I had blueberries and cucumber slices on the side for a total of ten ingredients.

2 comments:

  1. This will be my post-travel dinner tonight. I have 5 leftover sweet potatoes in my checked luggage that we never got around to eating at Mom and Dad's house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet potato luggage; I love it! I'm always flying with food and I guess it looks like bombs, because my bags always get searched.

    Happy travels :)

    ReplyDelete