Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dijon Ginger Bok Choy


Bok choy is my dad's favorite green and it's probably my favorite cooked green. Even so I rarely make it, because I get so much raw leafage in my belly at breakfast.

Bok choy for lunch was a nice change of pace, but now I am so full of greens! Will I turn mean like the Hulk? Or benevolent like the Jolly Green Giant? It's too soon to tell, but leaf-hued skin is surely in my future.

The tangy marinade in this recipe gets a kick from garlic and ginger, both powerful anti-inflammatory foods. Combined with the iron- and phytonutrient-rich greens, this bok choy is truly the darling of the dance.

I paired my greens with some purgatory eggs. They've just got a dollop of dijon mustard on top. Get it? A grated carrot with some toasted sesame seeds topped off the meal for a total of ten ingredients. Yum!

The recipe is modified from one I found on VegWeb.

8-Ingredient Dijon Ginger Bok Choy
Total Kitchen Time: 15 minutes. Serves 2

1 lb baby bok choy
1 Tbls. rice vinegar
2 tsp. dijon mustard (vinegar, spices)
2 tsp. tamari (soybeans, alcohol)
1 clove garlic, grated
1 coin of ginger, grated.
toasted sesame seeds (optional)

Roughly chop and rinse bok choy; steam covered until tender, about seven minutes.

Whisk remaining ingredients together.

Toss marinade with cooked greens, top with sesame seeds and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment